Friday, April 30, 2010

The Funny Bums

Working in Center City Philadelphia, I come across a great deal of homeless people who beg for change day and night. For some reason I feel so bad for them that I give 'em money almost daily. I guess the reason would be that I figure if I can spend $15 on a stupid overpriced drink at some bar in the city, why can't I give $1 to some guy on the street who needs it wayyy more than I do. Now I'm sure the majority of them are using it to buy alcohol or drugs or whatever, but if that's the one thing that makes them a little happier, I'm fine with that. I don't act all high and mighty and say, "I won't give them my hard earned money to go waste on drugs and alcohol," like most people would say. I do try and give them food if I have it, but if not, why not give 'em some change? However, since there's so many of them begging on the streets, I started to limit how many of them I would donate to. My criteria became this - Do they lie about what they're gonna use the money for? Do they harass me every single day? Do they make me laugh? That's pretty much it.

Well 1 guy is freakin' hilarious. We call him "G." You make assume that would be gangster related but it's not even close. Every time people walk by, or at least when I walk by, he always asks for a "G" or $1,000 if you're not familiar with the term. **Sidenote - If you're not familiar with the term you may as well go shoot yourself for being completely out of touch with real life** Anyway, I find it hysterical that instead of asking for spare change or for a dollar, this dude yells "Yo man can you spare a G?" Haha. Gotta give it to him, he's got balls. And because of those balls, I feel inclined to give him $1 usually. On the opposite end of the spectrum you got this guy who sits in his wheelchair outside the train station every single morning holding out a cup and begging for change. One problem - the dude isn't handicapped. I watched him pushing himself in the chair with his legs a few days ago. I think he was drunk and forgot to keep up his act. Needless to say, I stopped giving to him.

With that said, I wanted to share with you all the funniest homeless people (or bums as you may refer to them) that I've come across recently. And shout out to Tyesha who hooked me up with the pics from her phone.

Hahaha. What can I say - ninjas and kung fu lessons, it's a pretty damn original request.


This guy is the best. He sits with a smile on his face and tells you straight up how it is. Gotta respect that.



Ha, this dude plays off the President's slogan for change. Love it. You'd think if he's smart enough to create a pun as witty as this, he probably wouldn't be homeless. You thought wrong.


Hahaha, loved this dude. I wonder if he really can code html?? I bet not. But ya never know.
click to zoom

I didn't take these next few pictures but they're funny nonetheless















Aight that's all I got for now. Stay tuned for 2 more posts comin this weekend. One is on Ryan Howard's new contract and the other is on the NCAA Tourney's expansion to 68 teams. Oh, and more hot ass pictures. Have a good Friday night and try to stay out of jail. But if you do go to jail, hit me up, I'll help ya out. HAHA.
-The Esquire

No comments:

Post a Comment